EcoDuino is evolving. Now the EcoDuino has an enclosure. It is protected from water splashes, so it is safe to use beside your plants. The Ecoduino now sports an Atmega32U4 which eliminiates the requirement of an adapter. And sketches can simply uploaded via Mirco USB just like Arduino Leonado. Another improvment is that the DS18B20 sensor is now driectly supported.
EcoDuino is designed by DFRobot to help you grow plants. By using a series of microcontrollers, sensors and actuators, the EcoDuino system can make your efforts to grow plants much easier.
In this system, sensors are used to collect data which can show you plant conditions like temperature,humidity,light intensity, etc...
If you want, EcoDuino can message you and tell you how your plants are doing through wireless communications. It will also water your plants automatically when they are thirsty, or at a pre-determined interval. The only thing you may need to do is manage your EcoDuino system through a PC with a graphic user interface.
The cool thing about the EcoDuino is that it is developed based on Arduino which means you can not only program EcoDuino in Arduino IDE environment but also use any Arduino compatible hardware in your EcoDuino system.
Note: The cables packaged with the sensors is not correct,we suggest you use the orange cables attached.
- Board power supply: 6~12V DC
- Micro controller: Atmega32U4
- Terminal for interfacing a carbon rod(Soil moisture sensor)
- Terminal for interfacing a motor or a solenoid valve
- Potentiometer to set the threshold soil moisture value of watering
- 5 analog I/O ports, 6 digital I/O ports
- Xbee slot (using Serial1)
- Mirco USB
- 3.5mm screw terminal
- Board dimensions: 61x52mm
- Board weight: 15g
- Diving pump power supply: 3.5~12V DC
- Pumping head: 220cm
- Flow capacity: 100-350L/H
- Power range: 0.5W-5W
- Pump dimensions: 38x38x29mm
- Pump weight: 125g
- Auto flower watering control board (1 unit)
- Enclosure (1 unit)
- Moisture Sensor(SEN0114) (1 unit)
- DHT11 Temperature and Humidity Sensor(DFR0067) (1 unit)
- Water tube (1 unit)
- Immersible pump (1 unit)
- 6xAA Battery Holder with DC2.1 Power Jack(FIT0141) (1 unit)
- Mirco USB cable(FIT0265) (1 unit)
- Screw driver flat head (1 unit)
- Screw driver phillips head (1 unit)
- DC adapter-Female (2 units)
- Cable (2 units)
- Wiki Doc
- DHT11 Datasheet
- Moisture Sensor Schematics
- Schematic V2.0
- Autowatering Library (v0.1)
- DHT Library (v0.1)
- Testing platform with Ecoduino (Submitted by french friend, Damien Alexandre)