This is the mother of all JTAG Programmers for ARMs - and it's about 1/10th the price of other programmer/debuggers with the same functionality! This programmer/debugger is the first on market three-in-one USB JTAG debugger, offering JTAG; RS232 (full modem signals supported) port; and power supply all in one compact device.
It can be used as a power supply to ARM targets working in the voltage range of 2.0 to 5.0 V DC with three jumper selectable power supplies: 5V 9V and 12VDC. USB source current is limited with resetable fuse at 300mA, at the different output voltage the maximum current is different: 5V/200mA, 9V/100mA, 12V/70mA, note that this also depend on your USB host current capabilities, if other USB devices are attached to your computer or if the laptop is running on batteries these figures may be different and depend on your computer USB host.
- ARM standard 2x10 pin JTAG connector
- Software supported by OpenOCD (open source) debugger
- Powers ARM targets working from 2.0 to 5.0 V DC
- RS232 Full Modem Signals Supported
- 20 cm (8") JTAG cable
- 30 cm (12") power supply cable
- 50 x 40 mm
Note: This Programmer does not come with any software, in order to use it for programming and debugging you will need software that supports these functions. There are links below to several pieces of open source software that are compatible with this device.
- ARM Cross Development with Eclipse (10MB) REV-3 very detailed tutorial by Jim Lynch how to setup and works with the free GNUARM tools LPC2106 board. The sample codes for this tutorial is here.
- ARM Cross Development with Eclipse in Spanish language (3MB) REV-1 Paul Aguayo did a great job translating to Spanish language Jim Lynch's tutorial.
- GNU toolchain setup with openOCD by Michael Fischer
- ARM JTAG connector (top view)
- Product Page
- openOCD - open source debugger from Dominic Rath for debugging with Insight/GDB.
- WinARM - easy to install open source GCC toolchain by Martin Thomas. We are working on CD install package for WinArm+OpenOCD+ARM-USB-OCD support