You want to get hacking with your Pi fast, right? Get everything you need to start with the Adafruit Starter Pack for Raspberry Pi. It's the perfect accompaniment to your new Pi, everything you need to get a distro image loaded and running. We pre-assemble the Cobbler for you, no soldering required
This pack includes a single Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB RAM, two USB ports and a 10/100 Ethernet controller.
- Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB RAM Please note some boards are made in the UK, some China. WE DO NOT KNOW IN ADVANCE WHICH ONES YOU MAY RECEIVE!
- New! Adafruit Pi Case - Keeps your Pi snug and safe, and is compatible with the GPIO cable and cobbler! Durable and chic, snaps together in seconds.
- 3' long USB Micro-B Cable - Use this to power the Pi from a computer or the 5V 1A adapter
- 5V 1A power adapter - this ain't no regular USB power plug! We had these custom made specifically for use with embedded Linux machines like the Pi. It provides clean 1A minimum with 5.25V to overcome the 0.25V drop of the USB cable
- USB TTL console cable - The easiest method by far to talk to the Pi - simply connect the black, green and white wires to the GPIO header and connect using a terminal program! Connect the red wire to also provide power.
- SD Card 4GB size - 2GB is a little too small, we think. This card works perfectly with our reader below and is ideal for loading in our educational Pi distro - The current NOOBS (1.3.3 and later) is too large for 4GB, so if you want to use Raspbian, just load that in directly (see our tutorial for how)
- Assembled Adafruit Pi Cobbler kit with GPIO cable - We now have this part pre-assembled so you don't have to solder it! Makes connecting to the GPIO/I2C/SPI/Power pins easy as pie, for Model B Revision 1.0
- USB microSD card reader - For loading the image onto the SD card. No drivers required, works with all OS's and is plenty fast
- Large full-size breadboard - This breadboard has plenty of space for a Cobbler and your circuits, with an adhesive back you can attach it. We now ship white breadboards, not clear ones
- Breadboarding wires - These flexible wires come in various colors and are easier to use than 'cut wire' kits
- 10 foot long Ethernet cable - The Pi comes with built in Ethernet, so use it to make your project net-connected
- Embroidered Raspberry Pi badge - beautiful jewel-tone embroided badges are made with solar power and are iron on. Adafruit supports the Raspberry Pi foundation with donations and have permission to make these badges.
BONUS PARTS! These parts will take you through the first couple of tutorials we have up on the Adafruit Learning System:
- 5 x 10K resistors for pullups on the buttons
- 5 x 560 ohm resistors for the LEDs
- 1 RED 10mm diffused LED
- 1 GREEN 10mm diffused LED
- 1 BLUE 10mm diffused LED
- 3 tactile pushbuttons
- Light-sensitive resistor photocell
- 1uF capacitor
This pack is a great way to start and will let you burn our Adafruit hacking distro to the SD card, connect your Pi to the 'net and follow these tutorials to whet your appetite:
- Introduction to outputs - Light up an LED when you get more email
- Introduction to inputs - Play MP3 audio files when three different buttons are pressed
- Introduction to sensors - Reading a photo cell sensor with RC timing to detect light changes
Please note, some boards are made in the UK, some in China.