This assortment of tools is great for those of you who are new to soldering. We’ve found our favorite, low-cost tools, and created a kit that we would give to our friends. While these tools might not be enough for more difficult, surface-mount type assembly, they should be just what you need for through-hole soldering.
This time around we’ve kitted all the tools together in our spiffy new SparkFun branded packaging and added our SparkFun Saftey Glasses. Go hack something!
Note: This edition of the Beginner Tool Kit includes a 230V version of our 30W soldering iron, for our customers in the EU. If you’re ordering from a country that has a 120V mains voltage, you want to grab the standard version!
- Soldering Iron - 30W 230V - Simple, fixed-temp soldering iron
- Soldering Iron Stand - Keeps your soldering iron handy and off your floor
- Solder Wick #2 5ft. - If you’ve never used wick before, this will save your life project.
- Solder Lead-Free 15-gram Tube
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Diagonal Cutters - Snip those long leads
- SparkFun Mini Screwdriver
- SparkFun Safety Glasses