Why "+" in the name? Because it's an Inertial Measure Unit (sensors and hardware filter circuitry) plus an Arduino-compatible processor that can run Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS) code, based on Bill Premerlani's DCM algorithm. This hardware consists of a 3 axis accelerometer and three gyro sensors, dual power regulator (3.3v and 5v), GPS port, an Atmega328@16mhz and a lot of status LED's. This IMU can serve as a replacement for ArduPilot's thermopile sensors with the 2.51 code and above. This IMU improves upon the first release in that the high-pass filter, which was reducing the effeciency of the DCM code, has been removed.
- 3 Axis Accelerometer
- 3 Axis Gyroscope and Accelerometer
- Arduino Compatible
- Source Code included and Open Source
- Power LED (Green)
- Status LEDs (Red, Blue, Yellow)
- 1 SPI port
- 1 I2C port
- Two PWM outputs (for servos)
- GPS port (uBlox ready!).
- Protection diode
- Serial port output with servo standard connector for easy interface with any device (Ground, 5V, TX-OUT)