Have you been hearing all of the hype about this Raspberry Pi thing but still haven't checked it out for yourself? There's so much you can do that it can be a little intimidating. But have no fear, this book will get you on the right track. If you’re learning how to program, or looking to build new electronic projects, this hands-on guide will show you just how valuable this flexible little platform can be.
This book takes you step-by-step through the many capabilities of the RPi platform. Take advantage of several preloaded programming languages. Use the Raspberry Pi with Arduino. Create Internet-connected projects. Play with multimedia. With Raspberry Pi, it's easy!
- Get acquainted with hardware features on the Pi’s board
- Learn enough Linux to move around the operating system
- Pick up the basics of Python and Scratch—and start programming
- Draw graphics, play sounds, and handle mouse events with the Pygame framework
- Use the Pi’s input and output pins to do some hardware hacking
- Discover how Arduino and the Raspberry Pi complement each other
- Integrate USB webcams and other peripherals into your projects
- Create your own Pi-based web server with Python
- Paperback: 180 pages
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media; 1 edition (December 31, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449344216
- ISBN-13: 978-1449344214