The Raspberry Pi 2 Model B is the latest addition to the Raspberry Pi family. It takes the platform to a completely new level, with 6x increase in processing power and a doubling of memory capacity (with complete backward compatibility with the existing Model B+), Raspberry Pi 2 is the perfect board for professionals and hobbyists alike.
- A NEW 900MHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 CPU
- 1GB RAM
- 6x faster than its predecessor
- Broadcom BCM2836 ARMv7 Quad Core Processor powered Single Board
- Computer running at 900MHz
- 1GB RAM
- 40pin extended GPIO
- 4 x USB ports
- 4 pole Stereo output and Composite video port
- Full size HDMI
- CSI camera port for connecting the Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting the Raspberry Pi touch screen display
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- Micro USB power source
Because it has an ARMv7 processor, it can run the full range of ARM GNU/Linux distributions, including Snappy Ubuntu Core, as well as Microsoft Windows 10 (see the blog for more information).
The Raspberry Pi 2 has an identical form factor to the previous (Pi 1) Model B+ and has complete compatibility with Raspberry Pi 1.
Please note: Some boards are made in the UK, some in China. WE DO NOT KNOW IN ADVANCE WHICH ONES YOU MAY RECEIVE!